Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
Head Start Programs
Part Year w/Benefits
Job Description/ Duties:
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Location: Various Wayne County Locations
Reporting to: Site Manager
The ideal candidate will be able to plan and provide a program of educational activities that promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of preschool aged children. Develop individual goals for children, provide on-going assessment on progress, and facilitate transition into Head Start or other educational school settings in partnership with parents.
- Minimum of a BA/BS Degree in Early Childhood or Child Development from an accredited college or university preferred;
- BA/BS in progress with an Early Childhood Major completed within one year of hire
- Experience teaching preschool age children.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Ability to develop and implement classroom curriculum that encourages academic, social, emotional and physical development of children three to five years of age.
- Ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff, per agency policies
- Ensure no child is left unsupervised at any time
- Ability to work with children with disabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with young children and their families.
- Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with parents/caregivers.
- Ability to work with and to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults regardless of race, gender, age, and cultural or ethnic background
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task to meet various deadlines and complete task.
- Ability and willingness to continue personal and professional growth and skill development.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to make home visits.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
To support our company’s mission, here is a snapshot of benefits we offer:
● Employee premium coverage for Medical, Vision, Dental
● 401k Match
● Life Insurance
● Paid Holidays
● Paid Leave Days
● Educational Benefits
● Student Loan Paydown assistance
● Paid Parental Leave
● Fitness Reimbursement
How to Apply:
If this position interests you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer