Head Start Teacher Assistant
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
Head Start Programs
Part Year w/Benefits
Job Description/ Duties:
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Location: Various Locations Throughout Wayne County. Visit Website http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
Reporting to: Site Manager
The Position: Head Start Teacher Assistant
The ideal candidate will provide direct care and assist program staff in the implementation of a program of educational activities for preschool children (ages 3-5) that encourages age appropriate growth and development in a variety of areas.
- Associates in Early Childhood/ Child Development preferred;
- At minimum:
- Child development associate credential (CDA); or
- Currently enrolled in a child development associate (CDA) program to be completed within one year; or
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood/ Child Development and have successfully completed 12 credit hours in the area of major. All enrolled programs must be completed within two years of hire date.
- Ability to work with children with disabilities.
- Ability to support and implement a classroom curriculum that encourages academic, social, emotional and physical development of children 3-5 years of age.
- Ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff, per agency policies.
- Ensure no child is left unsupervised at any time.
- Ability to communicate and interact with children in a caring, responsive, and nurturing manner.
- Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with parents/caregivers.
- Ability to be self-directed in the completion of tasks.
- Ability to work as a positive and productive member of a team.
- Ability to work with and to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults regardless of race, gender, age, and cultural or ethnic background.
- Ability and willingness to continue personal and professional growth and skill development.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to make home visits.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more.
• Employee premium coverage for Medical, Vision, Dental
• 401k Match
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Leave Days
• Educational Benefits
• Student Loan Paydown assistance
• Paid Parental Leave
• Fitness Reimbursement
How to Apply:
If this position interests you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer