EHS Teacher Assistant
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
Early Childhood Programs
Job Description/ Duties:
Employment Type: Full Year
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Location: Various Wayne County Locations. Visit Website http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
Reporting to: Site Manager
Mission: Guided by our belief that no one should live in poverty, Wayne Metro empowers people and communities to be strong, healthy and thriving.
The Position: Early Head Start Teacher Assistant
The ideal candidate will support and assist in the planning a program of educational activities that promotes the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of infants and toddlers. Assist in developing individual goals for children, providing on-going assessment on progress, and facilitating transition into Head Start or other educational school settings in partnership with parents.
- Preferred Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood/Child Development; or enrolled in a program leading to an AA or BA degree in Early Childhood/Child Development with 12 credit hours in Early Childhood major currently completed.
- Minimum of a current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. CDA infant/toddler certification preferred.
- Education or training that includes at minimum 2 courses in early childhood that address the infant-toddler age group.
- Experience working with infants/toddlers and families preferred.
- Ability to support and implement a classroom curriculum that encourages academic, social, emotional and physical development of children birth to 3 years of age.
- Ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff, per agency policies.
- Ensure no child is left unsupervised at any time.
- Ability to work with children with disabilities.
- Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with parents/caregivers.
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Ability to work as a positive and productive member of a team.
- Ability to work with and to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults regardless of race, gender, age, and cultural or ethnic background.
- Ability and willingness to continue personal and professional growth and skill development.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to make home visits.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
To support our company’s mission, here is a snapshot of benefits we offer:
• Employee premium coverage for Medical, Vision, Dental
• 401k Match
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Leave Days
• Educational Benefits
• Student Loan Paydown assistance
• Paid Parental Leave
• Fitness Reimbursement
How to Apply:
If this position interests you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer