Starfish Family Services
Part year/Part time
Job Description/ Duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews information on the strengths, abilities, and disabilities of children with special needs.
- Assists in planning, implementing and evaluating the daily classroom program utilizing the HighScope curriculum.
- Participate in home visits and parent-teacher conferences as assigned by the EECD Specialist.
- Prepares materials needed to carry out classroom activities, especially those noted in the child’s IEP/IFSP, and as assigned by the teacher.
- Assist in coordinating the planning, writing and implementation of lesson plans, including incorporating individual learning plans (ILP’s), IEP and IFSP goals, as assigned by the teacher.
- Attends local staffings, IEP’s, parent-teacher conferences and home visits as requested.
- Assist with providing necessary information to families of children with special needs. Document contacts.
- Assist teacher in observing children for possible disabling conditions and consult Site Leader/Disability Specialist as needed.
- Assist the Site Leader/Disability Specialist with disability related services as it relates to enrolled children (contacting LEA’s, obtaining progress notes, and/or IEP scheduling).
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Previous experience working with special needs preschool children preferred. Experience with High Scope preferred.