Starfish Family Services
Job Description/ Duties:
- Work together with the teacher as a team, in assisting with planning and implementing daily programming for pre-school children utilizing the HighScope curriculum and COR (Child Observation Record).
- Assist individual children in need of special attention, as instructed by the teacher.
- Assist in planning and preparing materials for daily activities, home visits, and parent/teacher conferences.
- Attend on-going trainings/workshops on the HighScope Curriculum, including Growing Readers, Math, and Science. Assist in Implementing strategies learned from trainings/workshops attended.
- Assume responsibility for classroom operation in absence of Teacher.
- Assist with completing individual learning plans and on-going observation (including writing of anecdotal notes) as directed by the Teacher.
- Assist with implementing mental health curriculum classroom activities, including 2nd step activities.
- Assist individual children with disabilities according to individual education plan.
- Input anecdotal notes into online COR as directed by the Site Leader, Curriculum Manager, or EECD Specialist.
- Attend IEP meetings as assigned by Site Leader and/or Site Leader/Disability Specialist.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, Site Leader or other management.
Based on the Reauthorization Act of 2007, Section 648A a minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential is required and be enrolled in a program leading to an AA or BA degree. Associate’s degree in early childhood or child development preferred. Previous experience working with young children preferred.