Family Advocate (Part-Time)
OLHSA - A Community Action Agency
Job Description/ Duties:
- Promote and support family wellness and family engagement programs to assigned Head Start families.
- Work as a liaison between classroom and home settings in all content areas including early education, child development, health, nutrition and mental health.
- Bridge families from Early Head Start to Head Start programs and services.
- Recruit eligible families throughout the community.
- Conduct enrollment/re-enrollment with families, including entering all data into agency database.
- Provide needs assessment, goal setting, support, referrals, advocacy, case management, follow up and maintain up-to-date file documentation
- Ensure all health/dental screenings and follow-up for children per Head Start performance standards.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor degree required. A Bachelor degree in social services is preferred.
- One year experience working with low income, preschool families of various racial, social and cultural backgrounds.
- Licenses required: Valid Michigan’s drivers licenses and reliable transportation required.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency
196 Cesar E. Chavez Ave.
P.O. Box 430598
Pontiac, MI 48343-0598
(248) 209-2615 FAX