EHS Teacher II
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency
Early Childhood Programs
Job Description/ Duties:
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Location: Various Locations Throughout Wayne County. Visit Website http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
Reporting to: Site Manager
The Position: Early Head Start Teacher ll
The ideal candidate will be able to plan and implement a program of educational activities that promotes the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of infants and toddlers. Develop individual goals for children, providing on-going assessment on progress, and facilitating transition into Head Start or other educational school settings in partnership with parents.
- BA in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or coursework equivalent to a major in Early Childhood/ Child Development Education required.
- Education or training that includes at minimum 2 courses in early childhood that address the infant-toddler age group.
- Experience teaching infant, toddlers and families preferred
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Ability to develop and implement classroom curriculum that encourages academic, social, emotional and physical development of children birth to three years of age.
- Ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff, per agency policies
- Ensure no child is left unsupervised at any time
- Ability to work with children with disabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with young children and their families.
- Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with parents/caregivers.
- Ability to work with and to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults regardless of race, gender, age, and cultural or ethnic background
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task to meet various deadlines and complete task.
- Ability and willingness to continue personal and professional growth and skill development.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to make home visits.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
To support our company’s mission, here is a snapshot of benefits we offer:
• Employee premium coverage for Medical, Vision, Dental
• 401k Match
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Leave Days
• Educational Benefits
• Student Loan Paydown assistance
• Paid Parental Leave
• Fitness Reimbursement
How to Apply:
If this position interests you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers
to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer